At the final count 171 residents letters had been received against this proposal, a strong voice against.
Some tweets on the night
- "The weirdness of a planning officer who lives in the Midlands trumpeting the supposed benefits of #edenwalk to Kingston residents! Bizarre!"
- "#EdenWalk: Conflict of interest on Development Control Committee? https://t.co/9ojVkDC1DX"
- "And now for a 'balanced' opinion on #EdenWalk by residents."
- "When you have a planning officer so keen on #edenwalk who needs British Land's presentation."
- "We are being shown ariel views of the development which conveniently mask its height and mass."
- "Strange @RBKingston planning officer just read out 'pro' letter from a resident. Very impartial of her."
> Click here for the audio recording of the meeting
The guildhall was filled with concerned and vocal residents; a further 244 followed the events on line.
Members of the local press attended and provided a live stream of online updates and tweets.
Thank you to everyone who helped make a difference.
Thank you for sending your responses.
We will continue to watch this development very closely.