RBK Kingston Councillors
The Council has ambition to break away from part-funding dependency on central government. This process was started by the Lib Dems and continues with the current Conservative administration. To help achieve this Councillors have lobbied for changes to the London Plan to get Kingston included in the boroughs with "Opportunity Areas" to bring extra funding support.
We want to know how this will impact residents in these areas.
Growth and development is promoted, coordinated and driven via the Council's "Kingston Futures" programme.
Click here for the Sutton Guardian article on this.
It is an ambitious effort, which we don't oppose per se. However this will bring big and rapid changes to our built environment, and key decisions are being made right now about our built future. We have concerns over the process. As stakeholders we need to be involved in the decision making and hold our Councillors to account. Our key concerns on the built environment remain: Sustainable Growth, Visual Impact, Height & Scale, Affordable Housing; Aesthetics, Architecture, & Heritage. Our built environment is forever.
- Councillor Kevin Davis, Con, Leader of the Council
- Councillor David Cunningham, Con, Lead Member: Environment and Transport.
Key Committees & groups
- Kingston Futures - coordinates & drives growth in Kingston to satisfy the London plan and its further alterations.
- Infrastructure, Projects and Contracts Committee (RBK)
- Strategic Growth Board ( new ) - will have a key role in approving developments in the Kingston Opportunity Area